AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Moonsand

I had heard of moonsand, well not only heard of it, but I purchased it as a gift for a friend before I myself had kids. I had no idea what it was, it just looked fun, like a sand play-doh or something like that. And my friend who's daughter I purchased it for, said, "oh I have never bought this for my girls, it is a messy messy project" Opppppps, sorry...... She later told me the girls loved it, so I guess all was good.

Because I remember gifting this, I thought I would search for moonsand recipes, and try it with Monkey and bug! They absolutely loved it, I swear monkey played with it for well over 20 minutes, I was shocked!! And oh my, is it ever messy. I had no idea what it was supposed be or do, and I have to say, I imagine that moonsand is what quicksand is probably like. I rested my hand in it and the sand practically sucked my hand into it. In certain parts, it was a liquid, and a little runny, but then if you tried to brake it, it would crumble, it was such an odd texture. But most importantly the kids loved it, and we will be trying this again sometime soon.

The recipe we used was:
6 cups sand, we used our sand box sand (although, next time, I will buy a finer colored sand from Michaels)
3 cups Cornstarch
1 1/2 cups water ( I also used a water squirter to add more moisture to the dryer parts)

No comments: