AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bath tub paint!



Daddy hadn't been home much lately, so trying to keep things fun and alive can become a challenge for mama. So I have been scouring the internet for fun "projects". Devin is all about projects these days, and loves hands on activities. So I decided to try bath paint, and I am pretty sure Cailey loved this one even more than Devin did! They both started out painting the back bath splash, when Devin soon got bored of that and started painting his sister's belly. Which of course she didn't mind at all, I am pretty sure she didn't even notice it. Then Devin wanted me to paint his belly, so I made a few stripes and he was happy, while I was painting him Cailey joined in on the action and decided to paint her face, hair arms, then moved onto Devin's hair (that didn't last long though, he did not like that one bit). Over all we had a great time, and if you want to make some of your own bathtub paint here is the recipe we concocted.

Bath tub Paint Recipe
2/3 Baby soap (We used Johnson's and Johnson's)
3-4 Tablespoons Corn Starch (add more or less, depending on the consistency you are looking for, I made it thick, just a little thinner than finger paint)
1 drop food color (we like the Neon colors)

No comments: